Balikuddembe Kizito (BK) is a ugandan national born on 2/12/1982 in western part of Uganda. He holds post graduate qualifications from Makerere University Kampala and has worked and practice multiple careers with a number of organizations that include World Bank Group, Makarere University, Uganda Revenue Authority, Kenya Airways, Barclays Bank among others.
BK is a founder of Aspirations Uganda Limited, Rise Up for development Initiatives Limited (RUDI), AB&N Research Consultants, RBI consult, Uganda National Readers Association (UNARA).
BK is a co-founder of Kampala Cultural Exchange (KCE), Holima Uganda Limited, Team Great Uganda, and Kampala School of Animations.
BK is a consultant with vast experience, knowledge and skills in projects management, strategic planning, organizational development, Monitoring and evaluation (M&E), Researcher and education expert.
BK is also a specialist in financial literacy, personal development, life coaching as well as a mentor of many people from different works of life.
BK believes in God and takes faith as an important and integral part of a human being.
BK loves his family and he is married to Ms Sanyu Immaculate and has three wonderful children: John Paul Kizito Jr I, Aularia Ulrika Linda and Simon Peter Kizito Junior II.
BK believes in the power of team works and he has focused a great deal of his time in mentoring others, building business teams and coordinating initiatives that promote personal development.
BK is the founder of famed DEAR-Drop Everything and Read and he has been at the forefront of promoting reading culture in Uganda and running several reading campaigns on the African Continent
MOST RECENT AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- National Consultant (Monitoring and Evaluation), United Nations (UN Women). Country Uganda, Project. Enhanced Women Leadership, Empowerment, Access and Protection (LEAP II), Kyegegwa, Adjumani, Terego and Yumbe Districts of Uganda.
- Resource Person: Monitoring and Evaluation of Development Response To Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP), Office of the Prime Minister (current)
- Projects Coordinator: Makerere University School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal resources (Mak-Svar) (current)
- Project Execution Consultant: Local Government Performance Assessments- Project Monitoring for Local governments, (Northern Region), World Bank, OPM (September 2017-2019)
- Ag. Executive Director : Rise Up for Development Initiatives (RUDI-UGANDA):Partnership for Health Cities: Monitoring and Evaluating KCCA Projects (Bloomberg Philanthropies, Vital Strategies, USA) (Current)
- M&E Specialist– UPE Rigorous impact evaluation in Uganda Project –Office of the Prime Minister and Ministry of Education and Sports-DFID and 3ie (from October 2016)
- M&E Specialist –Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA)- Agricultural Mechanization policy for Uganda. MAAIF, World bank
- Lecturer (Geomorphology, Climatology Research Methods, Project planning and Management)-Makerere University, Department of geography, geo-informatics and climatic sciences ( July 2008-August 2015)
- Member of Uganda National Southern and Eastern Africa Consortium for Monitoring Education Quality (SACMEQ) and Member of National Education For All (EFA) Group in Uganda.
- M&E Consultant -(“Improved SGBV prevention and response in Rwanda and Nicaragua- Health and Poverty Action (HPA) World Bank and Irish Aid-”(August 2012–October 2015)
- M&E Expert-Equity and Quality in Education (EQE) project in Lira and Kamuli Districts in Uganda-Plan International Uganda, Plan International Canada (February 2016-Novemeber 2016)
- M&E Specialist –Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA)- The Health Manpower Development Centre (HMDC), Mbale, Beligium Technical Coorperation and Ministry of Health (August 2014-September 2015)
KEY COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
Designing programs, coordinating implementation, conducting research (including data collection, designing tools, Data analysis and report writing and information dissemination), Lecturing , Gender policy Analysis, Training of trainers, design training materials and Curriculum, Excellent computer skills in research and data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation of project activities, Supervising teams train and monitor trainers, excellent communication and networking and organizing and leading teams.